Opening for Full-Time Personal Assistant
About Us and the Job
Fast-paced Spicewood, Texas family law firm has an immediate opening for a personal assistant to provide support for
the growing law firm and its owner. Our firm mission is standing up for caring men against unreasonable women in
divorce and child custody. Our desire is to provide value to clients above and beyond providing exemplary legal
representation. The Personal Assistant (PA) provides administrative support and personal assistance to the founder
of the firm. By dealing with administrative, personal and other daily tasks, the PA helps make the best use of the
owner’s time. We expect that the owner and PA will develop a trusting relationship and that the owner will rely
heavily on the PA’s ability to handle tasks efficiently and independently. The PA will be expected to use utmost
discretion, respect the privacy and protect the private information of the owner and owner’s family, the firm and
the firm’s clients.
Tasks will include but are not limited to
- Personal organization
- Organizing and maintaining neatness of the owner’s house
- Running errands for the firm and the firm’s owner and employees (including but not limited to grocery and supply shopping, mail runs, dry cleaning runs, meal coordination/pick-up)
- Various personal assistant duties (including scheduling doctor appointments, occasionally driving owner and owner’s family to airport or other locations, occasionally cooking dinner for the owner’s family, and other duties as required)
- Coordinating service providers with the firm, firm employees, and owner (including maid, contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Cat wrangling
- Arranging travel
- Booking appointments
- Tracking and scheduling owner’s networking contacts in various programs and websites
- Scanning and tracking receipts and other documents
- Purchasing supplies for the firm and owner
- Assist owner with marketing efforts (including but not limited to social media postings, speaking events, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must pay strong attention to detail and be reliable.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is required. Post-high school education is desirable.
- Listening and Communication Skills: The PA must be a good listener with the ability to understand and follow instructions with little or no supervision. The PA may have contact with owner and family, firm employees, service providers, firm referral sources, clients, potential clients, and opposing counsel. Good communication skills are a must.
- People/Interpersonal Skills: The candidate will have excellent people skills and the ability to relate to and connect with all types of people. The PA will be a line of communication between the Owner and the outside world, including clients, service providers, referral sources, opposing counsel, and others. The ideal candidate will be well-groomed, well-spoken, use good grammar and polite speech, with a pleasant demeanor and the ability to meet new people confidently.
- Organizational Skills: The candidate must be highly detail-oriented, reliable, and efficient, and have excellent organizational skills. The candidate should have the ability to organize and prioritize workload and use his/her own judgment in decision making to adequately and efficiently meet all deadlines. The PA must have superior organizational skills to assist the Owner in scheduling meetings, travel plans, billing, errands, keeping calendars and contact lists, assisting with marketing efforts, dealing with vendors and service providers, and other tasks.
- Household Assistance: The PA is expected to regularly organize and maintain neatness at the owner’s home, including but not limited to picking up in the living areas, running the dishwasher, as well as coordinating with the maid service. The PA will do the owner’s laundry and deliver the dry-cleaning. The PA will do all grocery shopping, errand-running, and other various personal tasks for the owner as well. The PA is expected to care for the owner’s cats when owner is out of town. The PA may be expected to occasionally prepare a meal for owner and owner’s family. The PA is also expected to regularly maintain neatness in the office. The PA will do all grocery and supply shopping for the office and keep the office stocked for the firm and clients.
- Computer Skills: Candidate must be computer-savvy, particularly with: Mac computers; Microsoft Word and Excel; web-based programs; social media; scanning; and creating spreadsheets or printing documents.
- Work Ethic: Must be a self-motivated self-starter who needs little supervision, who is unafraid to ask questions or seek input, and who has developed excellent problem solving skills. Should be forward thinking and willing to seek out opportunities and actively propose solutions. The candidate should have the ability to take initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done, as well as the ability to understand and follow specific and detailed instructions in oral and written form.
We are a growing firm, and the right candidate will know what our needs are now and what they will be in the future.
Our personal assistant must be flexible to grow and adapt with the job. Our assistant must love cats and possess a
good sense of humor. We love our jobs and we want our personal assistant to love his or her job, too.
We seek exceptional people who want to become part of our team. To us the word “team” means we win together and we
lose together, so your contributions to our overall profitability and reaching our goals include anticipating problems,
proposing solutions and generally demonstrating that you are ready to stay with us through thick and thin. Your
contributions will be recognized, appreciated and rewarded. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal
growth, then this could be the right place for you.
The PA is required to provide his or her own reliable vehicle, with insurance maintained on the vehicle.
Personality tests and background checks will be conducted. References (former employers) will be contacted.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply for the Position
Send an email with your name spelled backwards in the subject line of the email, and attach your
resume and list of references. Send the email to email@example.com.